Saturday, January 16, 2016

Daily Routine

Here is a peek into what a typical preschool day is like at Busy Bees Preschool with both the Mother Goose Time Curriculum as well as my own.

 9:30 -9:45
Morning Starters
there are lots of choices while we wait for our friends to get here: 
manipulatives, counting bears, play dough, coloring, file folders etc.
These are some of our favorite MGT manipulatives. I make sure to rotate which table group gets what so they all have equal turns with the activities. 





9:45
I start the MGT circle time music as a cue to clean up and come to circle time. The kids know when they hear "1 2 3 come learn with me…" it's time to start the day.


9:50-10:10 Circle Time:
Busy Bees Song♫
Pledge of Allegiance
Grand Old Flag ♫
Calendar
Days of the Week♫
Months of the year♫
Wiggle Song and Dance

Letter of the week
Letter Story
Letter Pictures


10:05-10:10
 Writing practice with letters or names


10:10-10:30
back to circle time for our daily lesson, song, questions, game, and exploration

 10:30-10:45
MGT Crafts

10:45 - 10:55
Snack Time


 10:55-11:15
Free Play or Centers
This is everyones favorite part of the day. They love playing together! Their games  are epic and continue for days at a time. There are days where free play gets skipped due to a longer lesson, a gross motor activity, a group game, or show and tell. I do try to get it in every day because these interactions with each other are very important to their social development. 

these guys are pretending to ride on the bus. I'm not sure where they are going because when they see me watching them they get shy and stop playing. I try to stay in the shadows so I don't disturb them.






11:15-11:25 
Story Time & Letter Review


11:25-11:30
Pack up to go home
and play with our MGT crafts

These two are on a safari looking for the animal picture cards around the room. The first one to find the hidden zebra wins a sticker for their box! 


While I thrive on a schedule I'm also pretty easy going and if they want to talk and discuss ideas longer, or spend more time on their writing or craft, I'm fine with that. I feel like they do better when they know what's coming next. I also believe that staying on schedule prepares them better for kindergarten. Most of these kids will not be homeschooled so getting them used to traditional school routines is probably a good idea. But, like I said, I do let them guide their learning too.

 Theese 2 hours each morning fly by. Some days are very hard but most days are wonderful! I'm one lucky lady!

xoxo- Miss Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment