Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Night Before Christmas

 I went with a "Night Before Christmas" theme for our Christmas party. We all wore our pajamas and pretended it was Christmas eve. We had a lot of fun activities and games in the MGT "Santa's Workshop kit". I was so happy they had a Twas the Night Before Christmas story with cut out story pieces. I had planned my party theme even before I opened the kit so it worked out perfectly! 

I did a terrible job at taking pictures. Being the only teacher, and having so much going on in the class room, there was no time to take pictures. In hind sight, I should have had a parent come in and help. I had a few offer but I thought I would be fine on m own. With everything I planned it was a bit more than I was able to do alone. I was exhausted at the end of the day. 

We played games, made a picture frame for parents, made snow globes, wrapped presents, story time, an epic snack time, and sang christmas songs. With all that, there were still a few things that didn't get done. 






My favorite part of our party was the snow globes. I've wanted to try them for years and finally did them this year. It was really fun. I bought little winter figures and baby food jars. I had each student choose what they wanted in their snow globe and I hot glued the figures to the jar lids. They sprinkled the glitter and added the water. I screwed the lids on tight and hoped they were sealed. I am so happy with the way they turned out!  


The day ended with me being exhausted and ready for a long winters nap. I feel truly blessed and love working with this group of kids and their parents. As hard as it is some days, feeling like I am making a difference makes it all worth it. 

Merry Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment